Sunday 9 December 2012

Christmas Nails

My nails this week have been painted very festively with my favourite Christmas nail polish...



This is OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy With It! from the Muppets collection last year. I forgot I had it and then when looking for a festive colour it just jumped out at me. It's better than usual glitter polish because when a few layers are painted on it looks more like a metallic foil of red with silver hexagons spattered throughout. About three layers are needed for opacity, or just paint a couple over any red to ensure all the gaps are filled. 

It really looks like you are wearing sparkling rubies on your fingertips, and this nail polish has attracted more compliments over the last week than any other I own surprisingly! It's very stunning and glamorous to wear, and the perfect Christmas polish. As this polish is no longer available in retail stores, any kind of bigger glitter red polish should have a similar effect to this. 


Also in keeping with the festive spirit, I just thought I'd share with you Melbourne's big Christmas tree in the city square... isn't it pretty!? I love seeing all of the decorations in the city at the moment!




And here is my family's Christmas tree! I love it especially because all of the decorations are individualised and personal, rather than just buying a pack of baubles and chucking them all over the tree with no meaning behind each one. 



I hope all of you are enjoying your Decembers so far and feeling very festive! Lots of Christmas parties and celebrations coming up in the next few weeks, how very exciting :)

Merry first week of Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a pretty nail polish, wow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nail polish is gorgeous! It really looks like ruby red slippers in nail polish form! Beautiful tree, and I definitely agree with that personalized trees are better. We have the most random assortment of things on ours (including homemade ornaments from when my siblings and I were little kids), but they're so much fun to look at, and they contain such good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous festive polish, I fancy something similar but all I have are plain reds, ho hum!x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)