Thursday 4 October 2012

Sisters, Baking, Nail Art and Rainbow Dinners

Hello everybody! 

Just felt like doing a bit of a random creativity post! I have a few things I wanted to share with you, and particularly wanted to showcase some of my sister Sarah's recent creative works.

It's a good thing my sis and I have going. She likes to bake sweets, and I like to eat said sweets. 

So on the baking front, due to the fact it was the AFL Grand Final (Aussie football!) last weekend, my sister once again proved her baking prowess. About an hour before I had to leave to go to a grand final BBQ (everyone in Melbourne virtually goes to a BBQ on Final day!), I said "hey Sarah you don't want to bake something footy related for me to take do you?"

She looked at me and I thought she was about to utter "Kate you are crazy there is no time/I don't like footy/I'm not even attending this BBQ so why would I?". Instead, she glanced at the clock and said "Challenge Accepted". This is what she whipped up in record time:

Football Cupcakes!



She used green frosting for the field, piped white boundary lines and goal circle and the stitching on the footballs. The footballs were made of an almond that Sarah dyed red.




How cute are they?! They went down a treat at the BBQ. It's always fun to bring themed sweet food to parties and events, it really helps add to the atmosphere.



Now we move onto another of Sarah's recent creative creations...

Nail Art!

The other day Sarah painted her nails and this is the masterpiece she created:



They look like little Spring Japanese blossoms! 

She used Essie's Mint Candy Apple as the base. Then she used a tooth pick to draw the flower stems/twigs with a brown polish. After that where the stems ended she dotted on five dots with white polish in a ring to form the flower petals, and then drew a brown dot in the centre to be the middle of the flower. 

Sarah said it wasn't hard and that she was able to do it quite quickly. She also stresses the importance of a great top coat to prevent chips in the beautiful design.

So there are a couple of creative ideas from my clever little sis!


To leave you with something healthier after all that gorging on cupcakes pics, here is my very healthy and colourful dinner tonight kindly prepared by my lovely Mum:

A Rainbow Dinner!

Fruit and Salmon!
Today was a lovely warm 30 degree day filled with sunshine. You can really feel Summer approaching, and a meal like this just feels so Summery and delicious :)

Hope you are all very well and happy, and you all get through your Fridays quickly and have an incredible start to the weekend! 

xx

13 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are so cute!! I love making designed cupcakes, they are just so much fun to be creative with, and I bet they were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they were so yum! I always love icing things in different themes and using lots of lollies and decorations! hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Love those cupcakes! I initially thought they were goji berries on the cupcakes but red almonds is really creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those berries would have been a great idea too! I was so confused when I saw her painting almonds red, but it totally worked!! Very creative! x

      Delete
  3. The cup cakes came out so cute! Your sister is a great baker/decorater. I really like the way your nails came out too :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she's incredible, and I get to eat it all! :P She's particularly good at gingerbread, I'll have to showcase some of her works!

      Delete
  4. What a creative sister you have, laughed at the "Challenge accepted" - haha. The nail design is lovely too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get her to do a regular baking segment on here, the stuff she does looks so creative and professional! haha it's funny when she bakes and tries to race the clock! x

      Delete
  5. I can't believe she thought to dye the almonds. That is fantastic! I finally got my act together and did my Laine Blogger post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she is very creative! Ohhh goodie il hop across and have a look! :D

      x

      Delete
  6. Love all the creativity! The cupcakes and fruit platter made me hungry, and I've only just finished lunch! Sigh. :) x

    http://sneha-says.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know everytime im trying to have a healthy day and then i walk past anything sweet and then its all i can think about :P cupcakessssssss :P

      Delete
  7. the cupcakes looks so cute!! also loving the nails! :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks so much for reading :)